Focus Rx does much more than dispense medication. Our specialty and infusion services include:
- Comprehensive drug and medical benefits investigation/Coverage assistance
- Prior Authorization assistance
- Letters of Medical Necessity/Appeals assistance
- Financial/Co-Pay assistance
- Patient-specific Adherence programs/Side Effect Management/Refill Reminders
- Multiple medication packaging and prompt delivery options
- Specialized pharmacists available 24/7 to assist you and your needs
- Prescription Triage Services
We believe we exist to put the “patient” back in patient care. For many, today’s healthcare environment is challenging, fragmented and often confusing. Our goal is to find our way to the center of it all and facilitate the process of accessing specialty medications and home infusion therapies.
We work with and have contracts with payors, pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturers, physicians, retailers, nursing agencies, hospitals and health systems.
More often than not, your specialty medications are covered by your insurance company. When coverage is not available, the Focus Rx team will work with patients to help them access medications by sourcing coverage, or working with a number of different organizations and foundations to help patients access their treatment.
Specialty therapies are scheduled and delivered to home or medical facility, depending on the treatment, by private courier in most cases. A delivery time window will be confirmed so that patient or healthcare provide will know when to expect their medication delivery.
While there have been incredible advances in the treatment of chronic conditions like Cancer, Hepatitis C and Auto-Immune disease, the cost of preferred medications can be very expensive for any patient with or without insurance coverage. The team at Focus Rx works closely with foundations, manufacturers and other organizations to help patients afford and access their intended therapies.
Our specialized pharmacists take many factors into account when a patient starts treatment of a complex medical condition. Each patient’s scenario can vary based on illness, treatment, overall health, lifestyle, conditions at home, family assistance etc. For those reasons, our staff designs adherence programs that are personalized to each patient’s unique situation to ensure the greatest chance of successful treatment.
Focus Rx has access to many limited distribution drugs currently and offers capabilities such as HIPAA-compliant data collection and reporting as well as REMS program integration that align with manufacturer needs. If you are a manufacturer interested in expanding your network of pharmacies Focus Rx would love to talk. Please email us email@example.com.
Infusion therapy takes place when a patient is administered their medications through a needle or catheter into a vein. Home infusion therapy is when a patient receives this therapy in their home, with the help of experienced home infusion nurses and pharmacists. There are many different types of infusion therapies that can be safely administered in the preferred and more comfortable setting of a patient’s home. You can learn more about home infusion therapies offered by Focus Rx here.
Though home infusion therapy is not appropriate for every patient, here are some the reasons why your provider may have opted for in-home treatment.
- Medical care provided in the comfort of your home, allowing the patients to maintain normal daily living and involvement with loved ones and friends
- Eliminate long hospital stays and unnecessary traveling. More often than not, treatment at home is less costly to patient and the healthcare system overall
- When conditions in the patient’s home are optimal they are at lower risk of infection than if treated in the hospital
- The patient has the opportunity to become more actively involved in their care, and with the appropriate medical assistance decreasing the likelihood of having to return to the hospital due to a recurrence of their condition
Focus Rx recognizes that not all pharmacies can dispense every medication for every individual. We also believe that these types of exclusive and restrictive pharmacy arrangements put patients at a severe disadvantage by further limiting patient access to necessary medication. So we offer every available service and treat these circumstance like we are the dispensing pharmacy. We provide comprehensive benefit verification and prior authorization assistance, prior to transferring the prescription to the insurance required pharmacy. We are a customer service organization that aims to provide our customers and patients with solutions each and every time.
There are several ways to refer a patient to Focus Rx.
1. Fax a referral form to 888-801-0404, or
2. Complete our online referral forms, or
3. Use our Virtual Liaison to submit patient demographics, prescriptions, patient’s insurance information and any diagnosis supporting clinical information, or
4. Call us at 888-464-8987, and an enrollment representative will be happy to assist you.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
Rheumatoid arthritis (also called RA) is a type of autoimmune disease that destroys healthy tissue, specifically the synovial membrane. This membrane lines the capsules that surround joints and produces synovial…
"“Everyone at Focus has been so kind and thoughtful. It’s really nice to know that I can work with a home infusion pharmacy that I trust.” "− Julia, Focus Rx Patient
"“It was hard enough to learn that I have cancer, when I learned it would cost thousands of dollars to treat my condition made me feel helpless. When I spoke with a representative at Focus Rx and they reassured me that help was available. I am now cancer free for over 4 years!!” Jennifer, Focus Rx patien"− Jennifer, Focus Rx patient
"“I love that when I call Focus Rx, a real person answers the phone, they know who I am and how to help me.” "− Jess, Focus Rx Customer
WE PROMISE TO INSPIRE OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DELIVER POSITIVE PATIENT OUTCOMES.
Why Focus Rx
Focus Rx offers the best compassion and customer service while you go through this period of discomfort. Whether you need in-home care services, a care facility or prescription services in our office setting, we are available to support you.
Your complex pharmaceutical and disease management worries are put to an end the moment you call Focus Rx’s support team to handle your needs. We offer 24/7 Specialized Pharmacy Services with Medication Delivery.
Our pharmaceutical experts are knowledgeable on specialty medications, complex disease states and treatment protocols. Find eBooks, guides and downloads to help you understand our specialty and infusion pharmacy point of view.
If you need one-on-one, personalized service, extensive counseling on therapy management and continuous adherence to help with your medication care, we are committed to assisting you.